Homes for Sale with Elevators in Montgomery, Chester, and Delaware Counties
CLICK HERE for a list of current properties for sale that have a private in-home elevator or access to a common elevator.
Have you Considered Adding an Elevator to Your Home?
Whatever the need is for an elevator, you may be surprised to hear that having an elevator or access to an elevator in your residence is becomming a popular trend. When people hear in-home elevators, they tend to think of larger homes, or even mansions. But many people are beginning to realize that it is not as expensive as one might think to have one installed in thier home, it may even add value to your property. I have a few local recommendations for installers if you are interested in finding out if a home elevator is something you wish to pursue. Below, you will also see additional reasons why I feel as a real estate profressional that it could benfit your value or make your home more functional, and most importantly, safer.
Also, don’t miss the link below to join me for a FREE lunch and learn at the Radnor hotel on Downsizing Made Simple with local downsizing expert, Charlene Arnold.
Here are 4 of my top reasons on why I feel adding an elevator to your home is beneficial.
- Age in Place – Whether you are thinking of downsizing or staying in your home, there is certainly a trend leaning towards Aging in Place. It is understandable why you or a parent wants to stay in your or thier home. It is full of memories and even though the memories come with you, home is where the heart is. It is the place where you feel most comfortable. Adding an elevator or even making the home more accessbile to seniors by installing ramps, bars, etc. helps you age in place by providing a safer enviorment and peace of mind for family members. I can help by visiting your home to give you suggestions on the best improvements and contractor recommendations to be able to “age in place.”
- Value – With the increase of popularity in both aging in place or having parents move in, I have seen quite a demand for homes that have elevators. I have listed many homes where I have seen it firsthand add value to the property. Additionally, In-law suites have been in demand for many years. Adding an elevator gives another option instead of reconfiguring your home to add a suite. The elevator gives the freedom to access all levels of the home.
- Easier Living – Do you have a heavy vacuum cleaner or do a lot of decorating near for holidays? Enough said.
- Safety – I know I already briefly mentioned safety, but this is definately the key point for having an in-home elevator. Whether you are aging, or have a medical condition or injury that prevents or limits use of stairs, installing an elevator provides a safe way to move around your home. Some elevator companies even install phones with a manual dialer to prioritize saftey duing an emergency or household disater.
Your home is meant to be a place where you feel most comfortable and protected. It is your castle and adding an elevator may be a good solution whether you want to stay in your home and possibly make your home more valuable.
If you are trying to decide between aging in place or downsizing, please join me on September 21st, 2022 at the Radnor Hotel from 12-2 for a FREE Lunch and Learn on Downsizing Made Simple. Seats are limited, click here to reserve your seat today!
Call Scott Furman at 610-687-2962 to speak to him about our local real estate market trends. There is a reason his clients consider him their real estate advisor for life.
Dont Miss Our FREE, No Obligation Seminars (Lunch will be Provided)
- September 21st, 2022 – Downsizing Made Simple with local expert, Charlene Arnold of The Perfect Plan, Inc. LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS EVENT AND RSVP!
- Coming in Early November of 2022 – Protecting You and Your Loved One from Cyber Crime. MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW.
Check out these links for more information.
1. Meet Scott Furman – Your Main Line Senior Specialist
2. Get a Free Estimated Home Evaluation
3. How to Recognize the Signs that a Parent is Ready to Downsize
4. Downsizing and Cleanout Help
5. Helpful Resources for Seniors in Pennsylvania
6. Adding an Elevator to Age in Place
- Scott Helps Mark and Alice Sell Alice’s Parents Home From 500 Miles Away
- Scott Helps Margaret and Steve Downsize from Their Large Bryn Mawr Home to a Townhouse
- Scott Helps Two Sisters (Olive and Dodi) Sell Their Wayne Home and Move Into A Retirement Home
- Scott Furman Makes Downsizing a Whole Lot Easier for This Pheonixville Couple